1. Power of Attorney for Registration (for anyone who wants to register marriage/birth of children/death of relative and wants to save oneself the trouble of coming to Vancouver).
2. Power or Attorney for general tax purposes (being fully represented to Tax Authorities) or (more narrow and specific) Letter of Authorisation for the acquisition of a Tax Registry Number (AFM) and of a username/password (klidarithmos TAXISNET) – both the AFM and the password are necessary for any person that owns real estate in Greece.
3. Power of Attorney for city authorities and public utilities representation (City, Urban Planning Office, Land Registry Office, Water/Electricity/Gas/Telecommunications) – useful for people who own houses or apartments in Greece.
4. Letter of Authorisation for the issuing of a Social Security Number (AMKA) – necessary for every pensioner.
5. Declaration of registration of beneficiary of pension in their respective Pension Authority (IKA,OGA etc.)
6. Any Letter of Auhtorisation (exousiodotisi).
Have in mind that a Greek Citizen (already registered) must come to Vancouver in order to apply for or to renew a Greek passport.
As discussed with the Presidents of the Communities, we have prepared a schedule as outlined below:
– Friday, 20 May 2016, 13:00 at the Greek Orthodox Community of Regina
– Saturday, 21 May 2016, 16:00 at the Hellenic Orthodox Community of Saskatoon
– Sunday, 22 May 2016, 17:00 at the Hellenic Canadian Community of Edmonton
– Monday, 23 May 2016, 9:00 at the Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton
Appointments should be reserved by contacting each Community directly, as has been the practice at previous similar events in the past.
Consulate General of Greece – Vancouver
Γενικό Προξενείο της Ελλάδος – Βανκούβερ 604-681-1381